Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tree hit car claim from who?


Motorist at wits' end with town council over car struck by falling branches

ON THE morning of June 10, I was walking to my car parked in the outdoor HDB carpark at Block 46 Bendemeer Road when I was approached by an executive from Jalan Besar Town Council. The official told me my car had been damaged by falling tree branches. The official was there to supervise the cutting down of the partly fallen tree. Some branches had fallen on my car and made a huge dent on the right side.

The official told me that since the town council is responsible for the carpark, I could submit my repair charges to it and it would claim them from its insurance company.

Accordingly, I took my car to the workshop for repairs and to the insurance representative to assess the damage. Following the insurer's assessment, the town council rejected my claim, stating that the tree in the carpark was well maintained.

This is despite what was told me by the town council official.

I have tried to contact the town council's insurer but to no avail.

Unfortunately, the town council is not helping me with discussions with its insurer. I have also approached Jalan Besar GRC twice to appeal to the town council on my behalf but have received no response.

I am now at my wits' end in getting this resolved. It is an unwanted expense where the damage was caused by parking in an HDB carpark.

Ho May Peng (Mdm)

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum...ry_447581.html


I wonder if anyone will response to her. It appeared online on the Straits Times. If complain Town Council no use then complain NParks for the tree.... If Nparks no response then sue the tree.......

Its probably faster to sue the tree. Unless it was this tree that hit the car..




Then confirm no claim cause this tree will run..

0 comments: