Friday, May 03, 2013

Getting Inked


It has been in my mind for the longest time. To get inked somewhere on my body. But instead of getting it at a younger age, I decided to hold it back till when I am older so that I won't regret it probably.

Then came the design, took me a while to decide on what design I want. Finally after much research, I settled on the Mjölnir. Also commonly known as the hammer of Thor. The Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains.




The Prose Edda gives a summary of Mjölnir's special qualities in that, with Mjölnir, Thor:

    ... would be able to strike as firmly as he wanted, whatever his aim, and the hammer would never fail, and if he threw it at something, it would never miss and never fly so far from his hand that it would not find its way back, and when he wanted, it would be so small that it could be carried inside his tunic.


I also incorporated the Horns of Odin into the design.



As my tattoo artist said, one does not just stop at one. So i decided to take on another one on my right leg. The weakest of the 2. I took on Paul Wong's design of the 5 dragons. The tattoo has always fixated and attracted me for the longest time.




Presenting the end product...



I probably won't stop here. Will go on and plan for designs on the left side.

That being said. If you are planning to get a tattoo. This guide might help you see where the painful areas are.


This may just apply to men as women are built differently from men. They have higher pain thresholds. It may be painful for the guys to get inked on their rib areas, not for the ladies.

I am no expert in tattoo having only 2. But after getting one, you really have to keep it clean and moisturizer will be your best friend. The skin will take about 48 days to fully heal, it will be itchy but don't scratch it.

I did my research and looked around for a suitable artist, got a recommendation through a friend. I highly recommend Vernon of Tejomaya Studio. That guy is brilliant. Check out his Facebook page here and see some of the pieces he has done. Do drop him an email at tejomayastudio@gmail.com if you are interested.

0 comments: